Urban Legends About Gino

My photo
I am Everywhere at Once


I welcome all comments, criticisms, and discussions. Since I moved over all my old comments are gone.

Started Early

Started Early
Yes... I was the bad influence your Mom warned you about

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Soundtrack to Gino's life (at the moment)


    6.13.2008

    Gino's Soundtrack of Life

    believe that there's a reason for each meeting, every chance encounter, and coincidence even though its usually not realized. The evolution on Man's mind and spirit is quickened by the exercise of seeking out the meaning, the reasons, or the lesson learned.
    My diner chit chat with Dika last night was the latest I was pondering. Besides good karma and a bowl we shared thoughts from California Redwoods to She-Ra the Princess of Power. Back to the reason... Dika mentioned a movie she'd thought I may find interesting, Wonder Boys. The story was excellent and I recommend it to any fan of eccentric writers (let's face it, that's just about everyone reading this now) But it was the soundtrack of the movie that made me love it. Leonard Cohen, John Lennon, Van Morrison, and a lot of Dylan. I think every good story should have a good soundtrack. As my own story of life writes itself there's a constant soundtrack in my head. Sometimes it's the Beastie Boys, Sublime, or the Theme to Superfly, it's constantly changing depending on my mood, environment, and the laws of nature. The unfolding story of life helps me realize that it's a ride not a race. And every good ride needs good music. That's why you'd go on the Gravitron instead of the teacups at Great Adventure. Sure you're going to the same level of gyroscopic nausea from both but in the Gravitron you can Jam to 80's hair band music so loud you can't hear the pale kid next to you puking on himself as it sticks to him for 3 minutes and 32 seconds until the ride finally stops. Ok maybe gravitron isn't the best ride to compare life to.
    So what was the importance of my Mozzarella stick meeting? I think it was to come away with this story ... It's about rival gangs of Queens. Back in the early ninties there was a turf war going on. The battle was for the Pear tree. When ever the pears came in season the Squirrels would pull them off their branches, take one bite then drop them to the ground, callously wasting the entire pear. This would of course make them inedible, (even though the slow kid up the block kid must have got dared to eat one of those nasty old pears that was one day rotting on the lawn) So the enraged rival gang... let's call them the Dikettes (to protect the innocent) would climb that tree a month before the pears were ripe and swipe them from the squirrels...
    I thought on the situation for a while, and tried to figure out who was the hero and who was the villain. It's easy in a story like She-Ra where you that the evil forces of Hordak are the bad guys. How ever in our little tale I think you could focus it and make either one our victim. The poor squirrels without enough to eat for the long winter (summer?) ahead or the rabid little rats ruining all the fruit for the children in the neighborhood. It's more like a Quentin Tarantino movie, without a true hero. Where the bad guys are the god guys, and you don't know who's the hero. Did the Dikettes take the fruit for spite? Did the squirrels laugh as they took one bite and let the rest fall to its death? Is a day old half squirrel eaten pear ok if you kiss it up to God?
    I'm not sure I have answers, but I certainly know that If I were to be part of the pear swiping gang the Theme music to the Pink Panther would be playing as I snuck up the tree....

    This post brought to you by the letter I for Insomnia
    and the number 420

    No comments:

    Royal with Cheese

    Royal with Cheese
    Royal with Cheese - Chuck Norris’ hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush. Luckily, he wasn't playing.